My Christmas holiday may not exemplify the lyrics of Irving Berlin’s “White Christmas,” but this ivory Christmas sweater with silver beading is showcasing an elegant “White People Christmas.” The knitted Aryans gracefully skating across this sweater sport two-tone dirty blonde hair and three-dimensional blue yarn-ball eyes. I have named them Sven and Olga. Special thanks to Jordan for gifting me this wearable winter wonderland.
(Also, I am kicking myself for not posting close-up pictures of all my sweaters thus far. The details on these sweaters are a sight to behold. Note how Olga’s petticoat is delicately beaded at the bottom.)
Here’s what Sven, Olga, and I checked off of my Christmas list today:
- A church service featuring a children’s choir parodying “Let It Go”
- A hot bowl of she-crab soup
- Mockingjay, Part 1 (A final farewell to Philip Seymour Hoffman)
- The Bells of St. Mary’s (The film starring ol’ Bing and Ingrid)
- Lots of unhealthy Christmas snacking
Let’s all raise a glass of buttered popcorn to Day 8 of The 12 Days of Christmas Sweaters!